Press Release No. 018/KFCP-DIR/PR/V/20
Jakarta, May 18, 2020 – PT Kalbe Farma Tbk (“Kalbe” or “the Company”) will distribute cash dividend of Rp 937.5 Billion. The dividend distribution of Rp 20 per share or equivalent to a dividend payout ratio of around 37% of fiscal year 2019 net income, has been approved by the shareholders of the Company in the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“AGMS”) held on May 18, 2020 in Gedung Bintang Toedjoe, Pulomas, Jakarta. In compliance with the prevailing regulations, dividend payment will be made at the latest within 30 days after the announcement of AGMS where the Company will shortly announce the schedule and procedures.
Taking into account the challenging market conditions, and Kalbe's commitment to provide optimal results for shareholders, Kalbe distributed cash dividends of Rp. 937.5 billion at the General Meeting of Shareholders today. The Company remains optimist about the potential for growth and continues to budget capital expenditure to increase the Company's production capacity. The budget will also be used for maintenance and completion of the previous year's project. Taking into account the cash flow and the need for operational and investment funds, Kalbe distributed dividends to shareholders at a ratio of around 37% to net income in 2019. Going forward, the Company will strive to maintain a policy to distribute dividends of around 45-55% of net income, taking into account plans development and funding needs of the Company. "
In the AGMS, the Company has also obtained the approval of the shareholders on the following agenda:
1. Approval of the Annual Report of the Company for the year ended December 31, 2019, including the Activity Report of the Company, the Report of the Supervisory Role of the Board of Commissioners, approval and ratification of the Company’s Audited Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2019 and to grant a release and discharge from their responsibilities to all members of the Board of Commissioners and Board of Directors for their management and supervision actions during the financial year ended December 31, 2019 (acquit et de charge);
2. Approval on the appropriation of the Company’s Net Profits for the financial year ended December 31, 2019;
3. Appointment of the Company’s Board of Directors and Board of Commissioners as follows until the end of terms in 2023:
President Commissioner : BERNADETTE RUTH IRAWATI SETIADY;
Commissioner : SANTOSO OEN;
Commissioner : FERDINAND ARYANTO;
Commissioner : RONNY HADIANA;
Independent Commissioner : LUCKY SURJADI SLAMET;
Independent Commissioner : LILIS HALIM;
Independent Commissioner : ADI HARSONO;
President Director : VIDJONGTIUS;
Director : DJONNY HARTONO TJAHYADI;
Director : BUJUNG NUGROHO;
Director : ONGKIE TEDJASURJA;
Director : SIE DJOHAN;
Director : BERNADUS KARMIN WINATA.
4. Determination of the salary and/or honorarium of the members of the Company’s Board of Commissioners and members of the Board of Directors and to authorize the Board of Commissioners to determine the salary and/or honorarium of the members of the Board of Directors, by considering the recommendation from the Nomination and Remuneration Committee;
5. Appointment of Public Accountant Purwantono, Sungkoro & Surja to audit the Company’s Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2020, and granting authority to the Board of Directors to determine the honorarium of the Independent Public Accountant and other appointment’s conditions, after considering the recommendation of Audit Committee .
Kalbe at a Glance
PT Kalbe Farma Tbk (“Kalbe”) was established in 1966 and is one of the largest publicly-listed pharmaceutical companies in Southeast Asia. Kalbe has four main divisions managing a broad and strong portfolio of brands; prescription pharmaceuticals division (Cefspan, Brainact, Broadced, etc), consumer health division comprising over-the-counter drugs (Promag, Mixagrip, Komix, Woods, Fatigon, etc) as well as ready-to-drink and supplement drink products (Hydro Coco, Extra Joss), nutritionals division (ChilKid, Prenagen, Diabetasol, Zee, etc), and distribution division. Kalbe currently has more than 40 subsidiaries and 14 production facilities with international standards, supported by around 17,000 employees, spread in 76 branches across Indonesia. Since 1991, Kalbe’s shares have been listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX: KLBF).