Press Release No. 015/KFCP-DIR/PR/V/19
Jakarta, May 22, 2019 – PT Kalbe Farma Tbk (“Kalbe” or “the Company”) will distribute cash dividend of Rp 1.22 trillion. The dividend distribution of Rp 26 per share or equivalent to a dividend payout ratio of around 50% of fiscal year 2018 net income, has been approved by the shareholders of the Company in the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“AGMS”) held on May 22, 2019 in Gedung Bintang Toedjoe, Pulomas, Jakarta. In compliance with the prevailing regulations, dividend payment will be made at the latest within 30 days after the announcement of AGMS where the Company will shortly announce the schedule and procedures.
“As part of our commitment to provide an optimal return to the shareholders, we will distribute cash dividend of Rp 1.22 trillion,” stated Bernadus Karmin Winata as the Company’s Director and Corporate Secretary. “Despite the challenging market situation this year, the Company remains optimistic of the future growth potentials, and has allocated fund for capital expenditure for capacity expansion. Taking into account the market condition, as well as cash requirement for operational and investment, we will distribute dividend of 50% of 2018 net income to the shareholders. Going forward, we maintain our policy to distribute dividend with around 45 – 55% payout ratio, after taking into consideration the expansion plan and cash requirement.”
In the AGMS, the Company has also obtained the approval of the shareholders on the following agenda:
1. Approval of the Annual Report of the Company for the year ended December 31, 2018, including the Activity Report of the Company, the Report of the Supervisory Role of the Board of Commissioners, approval and ratification of the Company’s Audited Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2018 and to grant a release and discharge from their responsibilities to all members of the Board of Commissioners and Board of Directors for their management and supervision actions during the financial year ended December 31, 2018 (acquit et de charge);
2. Approval on the appropriation of the Company’s Net Profits for the financial year ended December 31, 2018 for dividend payment, reserve and retained earnings;
3. Affirmation of the composition of the Board of Directors and changes in the composition of the Company’s Board of Commissioners as follows until the end of terms in 2020:
Board of Commissioners:
President Commissioner : BERNADETTE RUTH IRAWATI SETIADY;
Commissioner : SANTOSO OEN;
Commissioner : FERDINAND ARYANTO;
Commissioner : RONNY HADIANA;
Independent Commissioner : FARID ANFASA MOELOEK;
Independent Commissioner : LUCKY SURJADI SLAMET;
Independent Commissioner : LILIS HALIM;
Board of Directors:
President Director : VIDJONGTIUS;
Director : ONGKIE TEDJASURJA;
Director : BUJUNG NUGROHO;
Director : DJONNY HARTONO TJAHYADI;
Director : SIE DJOHAN;
Director : BERNADUS KARMIN WINATA.
4. Determination of the salary and/or honorarium of the members of the Company’s Board of Commissioners and members of the Board of Directors and to authorize the Board of Commissioners to determine the salary and/or honorarium of the members of the Board of Directors, by considering the recommendation from the Nomination and Remuneration Committee;
5. Appointment of Public Accountant Purwantono, Sungkoro & Surja to audit the Company’s Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2019 and granting authority to the Board of Directors to determine the honorarium of the Independent Public Accountant and other appointment’s conditions, after considering the recommendation of Audit Committee.
The Company also conduct Extraordinary General Meeting Shareholders (“EGMS”) and obtained the approval of the shareholders on the following agenda:
1. Approve changes to Article 3 of the Company's Articles of Association concerning the Purpose and Objectives and Business Activities of the Company in accordance with the 2017 (two thousand and seventeen) Indonesian Standard Business Classification along with changes or updates or other sounds as determined by the competent agency as a form of the implementation of OSS (Online Single Submission) System, as stated at the Meeting .
2. Giving authority and power to the Directors of the Company, with the right of substitution, to do all and every action needed in connection with the decision, including but not limited to declaring/making the decision in the deeds made before the Notary, to amend, adjust and/or rearrange the provisions of Article 3 of the Articles of Association of the Company in accordance with the Indonesian Standard Business Classification in 2017 (two thousand and seventeen) along with changes or updates (if any) and other matters as determined by the competent authorities, as required by and in accordance with the provisions applicable legislation, which subsequently submits an application for approval and/or submits notification of the Meeting's decision and/or changes to the Company's Articles of Association in the Meeting's decision to the competent authority, and performs all and every necessary action, in accordance with the applicable regulations.
Kalbe at a Glance
PT Kalbe Farma Tbk (“Kalbe”) was established in 1966 and is one of the largest publicly-listed pharmaceutical companies in Southeast Asia. Kalbe has four main divisions managing a broad and strong portfolio of brands; prescription pharmaceuticals division (Cefspan, Brainact, Broadced, etc), consumer health division comprising over-the-counter drugs (Promag, Mixagrip, Komix, Woods, Fatigon, etc) as well as ready-to-drink and energy drink products (Hydro Coco, Extra Joss), nutritionals division (ChilKid, Prenagen, Diabetasol, Zee, etc), and distribution division. Kalbe currently has more than 38 subsidiaries and 12 production facilities with international standards, supported by around 17,000 employees, spread in 76 branches across Indonesia. Since 1991, Kalbe’s shares have been listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX: KLBF).