In supporting the implementation of GCG, Kalbe has established an Audit Committee to assist the Board of Commissioners, based on the Decree of the Board of Commissioners No. 008/V/2014/Komite Audit/KF-LD on the appointment of the Audit Committee.
The main duty of the Audit Committee is to encourage the implementation of good corporate governance, the establishment of adequate internal control structure, improve the quality of disclosure and financial reporting, and review the scope, accuracy, independency and objectivity of public accountants. The Audit Committee is responsible to the Board of Commissioners.
The duties and responsibilities of the Audit Committee are:
- To carry out periodic evaluations and reviews of the Company’s financial statements, based on established accounting principles and applicable regulations.
- To perform supervision and assessment on performance of audit activities and findings by the Internal Audit Unit.
- To provide recommendations related to the internal control process.
- To perform a review on the level of competence and independency of the external auditor as well as consistency, scope and honorarium of the external audit.
- To prepare a description of the duties and responsibilities of the Audit Committee for the current fiscal year, as required by the external auditor.
The Audit Committee is vested with the authority among others to have unlimited access to records, employees, funds, assets as well as other resources within the Company in support of its duties.The Audit Committee is chaired by an Independent Commissioner and two members who are all professionals from outside the company (independent). It has complied with stipulations in the Decree of Chairman of BAPEPAM No.Kep-29/PM/2004 regarding the Establishment and Implementation Guidance for an Audit Committee.
As of June 5, 2017, the Audit Committee consists of:
- Lucky Surjadi Slamet - Chairman
- Kai Arief Iman Selomulya - Member
- Kurniawan Tedjo - Member