Kalbe to Distribute Dividend of Rp 1.03 Trillion
Jakarta, June 5, 2017 – PT Kalbe Farma Tbk (“Kalbe” or “the Company”) will distribute cash dividend of Rp 1.03 trillion. The dividend distribution of Rp 22 per share or equivalent to a dividend payout ratio of around 44.8% of fiscal year 2016 net income, has been approved by the shareholders of the Company in the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“AGMS”) held on June 5, 2017 in Gedung Bintang Toedjoe, Pulomas, Jakarta. In compliance with the prevailing regulations, dividend payment will be made at the latest within 30 days after the announcement of AGMS where the Company will shortly announce the schedule and procedures.
“The Company will distribute cash dividend of Rp 1.03 trillion. This reflects our commitment to provide an optimal return to the shareholders,” stated Vidjongtius as the Company’s Director. “Despite the challenging economic condition, we remain confident of the future growth potentials. To support business expansion, we have allocated capital expenditure budget for capacity expansion across the board. Taking into account the cash requirement for operational and investment, we will distribute dividend of 44.8% of 2016 net income to the shareholders. Going forward, we maintain our policy to distribute around 40 – 50% payout ratio, while keeping in mind our financial condition and expansion plan.”
In the AGMS, the Company has also obtained the approval of the shareholders on the following agenda:
1. Approval of the Annual Report of the Company for the year ended December 31, 2016, including the Activity Report of the Company, the Report of the Supervisory Role of the Board of Commissioners, approval and ratification of the Company’s Audited Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2016 and to grant a release and discharge from their responsibilities to all members of the Board of Commissioners and Board of Directors for their management and supervision actions during the financial year ended December 31, 2016 (acquit et decharge)
2. Approval on the appropriation of the Company’s Net Profits for the financial year ended December 31, 2016;
3. Appointment of members of the Board of Commissioners and members of the Board of Directors of the Company;
4. Determination of salary and/or honorarium of the members of the Board of Commissioners and to authorize the Board of Commissioners to determine the salary and/or honorarium of the members of the Company’s Board of Directors;
5. Appointment of Independent Public Accountant to audit the Company’s Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2017 and authorize the Board of Directors to determine the honorarium of the Independent Public Accountant and other appointment’s conditions.
The members of the Board of Commissioners and Board of Directors since the closing of this AGMS until 2020 are as follows:
Board of Commissioners
President Commissioner: BERNADETTE RUTH IRAWATI SETIADY;
Commissioner : SANTOSO OEN;
Commissioner: FERDINAND ARYANTO;
Commissioner: RONNY HADIANA;
Independent Commissioner : FARID ANFASA MOELOEK;
Independent Commissioner : LUCKY SURJADI SLAMET;
Independent Commissioner: JOHANES BERCHMAN APIK IBRAHIM.
Board of Directors
President Director: VIDJONGTIUS;
Director : ONGKIE TEDJASURJA;
Director: BUJUNG NUGROHO;
Director: DJONNY HARTONO TJAHYADI;
Director: SIE DJOHAN
Independent Director: BERNADUS KARMIN WINATA.
Kalbe at a Glance
PT Kalbe Farma Tbk. (“Kalbe”) was established in 1966 and is one of the largest publicly-listed pharmaceutical companies in Southeast Asia. Kalbe has four main divisions managing a broad and strong portfolio of brands; prescription pharmaceuticals division (Cefspan, Brainact, Broadced, etc), consumer health division comprising over-the-counter drugs (Promag, Mixagrip, Komix, Woods, Fatigon, etc) as well as ready-to-drink and energy drink products (Hydro Coco, Extra Joss), nutritionals division (ChilKid, Prenagen, Diabetasol, etc), and distribution division. Kalbe currently has 35 subsidiaries and 10 production facilities with international standards, supported by around 17,000 spread in 72 branches across Indonesia. Since 1991, Kalbe’s shares have been listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX: KLBF).